Artists Compete to Build the Baddest Sandcastle
Creative Time, the great purveyor of public art, returns to a still hurricane rebuilding Rockaway Beach, for the 2nd annual Artist Sandcastle Competition.
This year’s artists include David Brooks, Sebastian Errazuriz, Ghost of a Dream (Lauren Was & Adam Eckstrom), Jamie Isenstein, Natalie Jeremijenko, Esperanza Mayobre, Rachel Owens, Duke Riley, Christopher Robbins, and Marc Andre Robinson.
Artists will compete to better last year’s efforts that included Jen Catron and Paul Outlaw creating a human fountain, Tom Sachs building a tunnel to China and Dustin Yellin creating a sand hair salon.
The event takes place on Friday, August 9th from 2-6pm at the 86th Street boardwalk on Rockaway Beach, in Queens. The event is followed by an after party at Rippers. The event is free with the support of Melissa Shoes, Société Perrier, Rockabus and Veggie Island.
- miguelantonio9903 likes this
- 05loridr likes this
- ibzy likes this
- mingitaw likes this
- falconpasko likes this
- mediadeus likes this
- brownant1987 reblogged this from artlog
- brownant1987 likes this
- thatguy933 reblogged this from artlog
- thatguy933 likes this
- friedmercury likes this
- patterntherapy likes this
- bish29 likes this
- lemusj2012 likes this
- wings-of-birch likes this
- oldparasitesingle reblogged this from artlog
- oldparasitesingle likes this
- dibujemodelo likes this
- pareshhirpara likes this
- parker-fritz likes this
- sadkims reblogged this from artlog
- sohappyicouldscream reblogged this from artlog
- somecallmerae likes this
- paranoidartist likes this
- metromagz reblogged this from artlog
- kahorik likes this
- artlog posted this